Built For Zero is a rigorous national change effort designed to help a committed group of US communities end chronic and veteran homelessness.
WHAT IS A BY NAME LIST?
According to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), a By Name List is a up-to-date list of people experiencing homelessness which can be filtered by categories, and shared across agencies. This list is generated with data from outreach, HMIS, federal partners, and any other community shelters and providers working with the specific homeless sub-population.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A BY NAME LIST?
- Ensure individuals experiencing homelessness within a community are identified and their housing needs are known;
- Track the status and progress toward permanent housing of each of these individuals;
- Coordinate housing and services for each individual household between all community providers;
- Measure progress toward goals and how close a community is to reaching an end to homelessness among the sub-population;
- Identify key barriers to goal attainment and opportunities to resolve them.